Pregnant Woman Fired Over Bathroom Breaks
- A woman named April Roller is suing her former employer for unlawful termination after it fired her for taking too many bathroom breaks while she was pregnant. Roller was also given a person trash can to barf in at her desk rather than go to the bathroom to puke. I bet that increased workplace productivity! Is this company serious? For less than nine months, they couldn’t deal with a pregnant woman puking and peeing? [The Gloss]
- North Carolina’s decision to issue “Choose Life” anti-abortion license plates is unconstitutional because NC doesn’t offer similar plates in support of reproductive rights, a judge ruled on Friday. [WRAL]
- Two retired military women, one a former Air Force flight nurse and another an Army Colonel, were among the first people to be married last week after Washington State’s law legalizing same-sex marriage went into effect. [Washington Post]
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand and more rising female politicians on our radar. [TresSugar]
- On Suzanne Venker’s sexist “war on men” piece and the myth that men and women have fundamentally different types of brains. [Sociological Images]
- Father Bill Brennan, a 92-year-old priest in Wisconsin, has been punished by the Catholic Church for celebrating Mass with a woman priest. [Huffington Post]
- Eight reasons the women of hip hop are oppressed. [All Hip Hop]
- On straight women, gay bars, and the concept of “safe spaces.” [Bitch Magazine]
- Meet Gabrielle Ludwig, a 50-year-old transsexual women’s basketball player for Mission College. [San Jose Mercury News]
- Twenty examples of why sexist, immature d-bags Spencer’s Gifts do not deserve any of your money this holiday season — or anytime of year, really. [BuzzFeed]
- Check out this computer game that teaches women in Mexico how to safely take the abortion pill. [Jezebel]
- Female scientists from the University of Bristol made a spoof video responding to that awful, sexed-up PSA that was supposedly trying to encourage more women to go into science. [Telegraph UK]
See a story that belongs on Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.