Women In Military Shouldn’t Disrupt “Band Of Brothers” By Serving In Combat Roles, Retired General Writes
- A male retired Army general penned an op-ed for the Washington Post about why women should not openly serve in combat roles, which apparently seems to stem from wanting to “protect” lady-soldiers from rape and not breaking up the “band of brothers.” [Washington Post]
- Here’s why the Violence Against Women Act is stalled in Congress. [Huffington Post]
- Check out critic Anita Sarkeesian’s TEDxwomen talk in which she discusses the crazy trolls who bombarded her with death threats after she tried to do a feminist critique of video games. [Kotaku]
- Why talking about a character’s gender in video games still matters. [The Mary Sue]
- An Ohio community college asked a construction crew to stop working so the school could remove a “Men Working” sign that it deemed to be sexist. [New York Daily News]
- Why women writers still take on men’s names. [Wall Street Journal]
- Mississippi state senator Alice Harden died yesterday at age 64. [Feminist.org]
- A Christian student group at Bristol University in the UK has changed its policy that women were only allowed to speak at group events if they were married and accompanied by their husbands. [This Is Bristol, Guardian UK]
- Non-white woman in the UK are twice as likely to be unemployed as white women, according to a new report. [Telegraph UK]
- Mexico’s Supreme Court has struck down a ban on marriage equality in the southern state of Oaxaca. [Feminist.org]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.