- A lesbian couple who’s been together for 35 years got the first-ever marriage license for a same-sex union as soon as it became legal in Washington state at midnight last night. So cute, hooray for marriage equality! [Queerty]
- Congress is inching closer towards ending the ban on women in the military from using their health insurance to cover abortions in cases of rape and incest. [Washington Post]
- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is a highly favorable pick for a hypothetical 2016 presidential run, according to a Washington Post poll. [Feministing]
- This very afternoon, Michigan state senate politicians could be reviewing five pieces of anti-abortion legislation. [Think Progress]
- The University of Iowa has been rebuked for its handling of a sexual harassment accusation on campus by an athletic director. [Radio Iowa]
- What Jovan Belcher’s murder-suicide teaches us about domestic violence, football, and ourselves. [Think Progress]
- Remembering Kasandra Perkins, the young mother who was killed by Jovan Belcher. [Racialicious]
- Blogger Amanda Marcotte of Slate on why traditional, down-on-one-knee marriage proposals are sexist. [Slate]
- What makes a drink a “girly drink”? [Bitch Magazine]
- Eileen Moran, a Hollywood special effects expert who worked on films like “X-Men” and “District 9,” has died at age 60. [A.V. Club]
- Meet Folorunsho Alakija of Nigeria, the richest black woman in the world who is a major fashion designer in Africa. Yes, she is richer than Oprah. [Huffington Post]
- On the mobs of men who sexually assault and harass women in Egypt’s public squares. [MSNBC]
- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is being pressured to address abortion rights during her visit to Ireland this week. Recently, a woman died from blood poisoning as she was miscarrying because an Irish hospital refused to terminate the pregnancy. [Think Progress]
- Meet the women who are living as celibate men in Albania because they cannot let their true gender presentation be known. [Atlantic Wire]
- Dame Elisabeth Murdoch, mother of Rupert Murdoch, died at 103 in Australia.
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.