How Does The Morning-After Pill Work? Let’s Find Out!
- Here’s a cute video from AsapSCIENCE that explains to you how the Plan B morning-after pill works. [The Mary Sue]
- A California judge has blocked a ban on so-called “gay reparative therapy” for LGBTQ youth, which claims to turn gay people straight, because he claimed it is “free speech.” [Mommyish]
- Blogger Amanda Hess on why it doesn’t matter to her if celebs like Katy Perry and Taylor Swift don’t identify as feminists. [Slate]
- On the sports world’s indifference towards domestic violence. [Racialicious]
- “Gentleman Groper” is what we call an attractive white man when he is accused of sexual assault. Okay, cool, got it. [Gothamist]
- The CIA has finally begun openly recruiting lesbian and gay men in an effort to diversify their ranks. [NPR]
- Why the patently false theory that single mothers cause crime continues to persist. [Slate]
- How white standards of beauty exclude women of color … [Everyday Feminism]
- … and the segregated hair salon market. [Clutch Magazine]
- A recap of the incredible talk from TEDxWomen. [TED]
- On fighting child prostitution and sex tourism of Kenya’s girls. [NPR]
- Women world leaders are not less corrupt than their male counterparts, but they do tend to shake things up. [Reuters]
- Why birth control is still a “big idea” in some parts of the developing world. [Foreign Policy]
- New Zealand is recognizing transgender travelers by allowing them to identify their gender as “X.” [Think Progress]
Contact the author of this post at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.