Katy Perry: I’m Not A Feminist
- Katy Perry is the latest young female celebrity to declare she is not a feminist. Speaking at Friday’s night’s Billboard Women In Music awards, Perry said, “I’m not a feminist but I do believe in the strength of women.” I dunno … I am pretty sure that Katy Perry believes that men and women are equal to each other and deserve to have the same opportunities. I suspect it’s just that “feminist” label that’s the problem again. [Celebitchy]
- Remembering Kasandra Perkins, 22, the young mother who was murdered by her boyfriend, Kansas City Chiefs player Jovan Belcher, before he killed himself. [Crunk Feminist Collective]
- Nafissatou Diallo, the NYC hotel maid who accused the former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn of sexual assault, has settled her civil lawsuit against him. The criminal charges were dismissed against DSK in August 2011. [The Grio]
- The American Psychiatric Association has approved changing “gender identity disorder” to “gender dysphoria” to characterize transgenderism in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Trans activists have said that the use of the word “disorder” was stigmatizing. [Queerty]
- Lois Bewley, a NYC ballet dancer and choreographer died, last month at age 78. [Boston.com]
- Malala Yousufzai, the Pakistani girl who was shot by the Taliban for her activism on behalf of education for girls, has thanked her supporters at the CNN Heroes Ceremony. Malala is still recovering in the UK, where she was flown after the assault, but passed along a message to be read by Anderson Cooper. [CNN]
- Former French First Lady Carla Bruni said that she was ineloquent when she was quoted in French Vogue saying, “My generation does not need feminism.” Bruni said she meant to say she has never personally felt the need to be a feminist activist. [ONTD]
- Remembering victims of the 1989 massacre in Montreal when a young man killed six female students at a technology school because he was reportedly upset that women were taking positions that rightfully belonged to men. [Guardian UK]
- Here is how Mexican women who have been deported from the United States are coping with life in detention. [New York Daily News]
- Malaysia has been encouraged to punish recruiters who come to the country to hire women as domestic help, such as maids, and then send them to foreign countries where they are abused by their employers. [New York Times]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.