Teen Boy In Alabama Assaults His Sister’s Girlfriend On Thanksgiving
- The family of Mallory Owens in Mobile, Alabama, wants charges upgraded for the 18-year-old boy who allegedly assaulted Owens on Thanksgiving. Travis Hawkins Jr. allegedly beat Owens so badly that her broken nose will require reconstructive surgery — all because she is dating his sister and he does not “approve.” He was arrested for second degree assault charges, but Owens’ family says his attack was a hate crime and should be upgraded to attempted murder. [WKRG]
- Why has the abortion rate hit an all-time low? (Theory: slutty slut sluts are keeping their legs together?) [Washington Post]
- Meet lesbian Republicans and find out more about their struggle to reconcile both identities. [New York Times Magazine]
- Could Senator Patty Murray of Washington become the first-ever female Senate Majority Leader? [Washington Post]
- A “fetal personhood” bill to grant fetuses the same legal status as fully-formed human beings (thus criminalizing all abortion) could be brought up for a vote in Virginia’s state Senate committee this week. [Think Progress]
- The musician grandson of writer Tillie Olsen is raising money on Kickstarter to compose and record songs based on her unpublished journals. [Kickstarter]
- Blogger Alyssa Rosenberg on how if you want to get more women writing for television, you need to convince more men that it matters. [Slate]
- Facts and myths about Uganda’s “kill the gays” bill. [Think Progress]
- An 11-year-old school girl was brutally attacked and raped in a park while walking home from school in London on Friday. [BBC]
- On Saudi Arabia’s “digital leash” on women. [The Week]
- A British woman of faith in the UK responds to the Church of England’s recent decision not to allow female bishops. [Her Glass Slipper]
Contact the author of this post at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.