Mom Blogs About Taking Her Son For Pedicures
- I’m loving this post on Raising My Rainbow, a parenting blog hosted on Queerty written by the mother of “a slightly effeminiate, possibly gay, totally fabulous son.” In this latest post, she writes about taking her son for pedicures and how rudely everyone in the nail salon behaved. The woman doing the mom’s pedicure actually asked her, “Is that a boy or a girl?” [Queerty]
- A U.S. District judge ruled on Monday that a chain store called Hobby Lobby must abide by the provisions of Obamacare in regards to contraception; Hobby Lobby has appealed the ruling. [Think Progress]
- Four generals, four scandals, and a sprawling rape case. [NYmag.com The Cut]
- Karen Handel, the former executive at Susan G. Komen who left the organization amidst allegations they were politicizing their funding for Planned Parenthood, is reportedly considering a Senate bid. [Huffington Post]
- A 13-year-old girl was shot and killed on Tuesday while riding a school bus in Miami. [Democracy Now!]
- A lesbian couple from Georgia is determined to wed in every state that will legally allow them to marry. [Queerty]
- Black women are suffering from jobs lost in the public sector due to Hurricane Sandy on the East Coast. [Madame Noire]
- Which academic disciplines have the most women authors? [Feministing]
- “The Black Line” is a new documentary which interviews 70 African-American women from different ages and backgrounds to get their perspective on life. [Clutch Magazine]
- New York City and the Central Park Five: then and now. [Racialicious]
- Watch a TEDx talk from SlutWalk Toronto organizers. [Gender-Focus]
- Uganda’s “Kill The Gays” bill has finally appeared on the Parlimentary agenda for discussion. [Think Progress]
- Bishops from the Church of England are plotting their response to yesterday’s decision to exclude women from the episcopate. [Guardian UK]
- The Anglican Church of Southern Africa has consecrated Ellinah Wamukoya as Africa’s first woman bishop. [BBC]
- An unveiled Syrian woman’s Facebook post has stirred a debate about women’s rights. [BBC]
- Meet Else Shepherd, a leading Australian electrical engineer. [Geek Feminism]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.