Did The Election Reinvigorate Pro-Choice Support?
- All the rapey nonsense of the 2012 election seems to have reinvigorated support amongst Americans to identify themselves as “pro-choice.” We have to remember, though, that when asked about support for legal abortion, people give different answers depending on how the question is phrased: “pro-choice” versus “pro-life,” “support legal abortion in all cases” versus “support legal abortion in some cases” versus “never support legal abortion.” So while I’m happy to hear that in a recent Rasmussen Reports poll, 54 percent of likely U.S. voted described themselves as “pro-choice,” I know it’s not as simple as that. [Jezebel]
- Check out this trailer for “Why Do You Have Black Dolls?”, a new documentary about why little kids need black babydolls. [Uptown Magazine]
- The United States now only ranks 79th in the world for women’s political representation. Only 79th, you guys! (That’s sarcasm, in case you didn’t pick up on it.) [Ms. Magazine]
- Jessica Lynn, a trans woman in California, is fighting her ex-wife for the right to see her 13-year-old son and inform him about her transition. [Think Progress]
- How video technology has improved abortion access for women in rural Iowa. [Think Progress]
- I guess not a single woman could direct the new “Star Wars” movie, huh? [Wired]
- On the clueless dads in movies and their daughters who behave more like wives. [Bitch Magazine]
- In the wake of the death of Savita Halappanavar, the Indian woman who died in Ireland when she was refused an abortion by her hospital, women are speaking out about how they travel to Britain to terminate their unwanted pregnancies. [Guardian UK]
- Why are the wives of French soldiers stripping their clothes off?! [France24]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.