Why The Media’s Coverage Of The David Petraeus Affair Is Sexist
- Pat Robertson and his whining that David Petraeus couldn’t help but have an affair because “he’s a man” is the least of the sexist attitudes that have come out regarding the Petraeus scandal. Plenty of media outlets are more than happy to talk about Paula Broadwell’s “tight” clothes, “sleeveless dresses” and toned arms and imply she used sex to climb the ladder of success. [The Week]
- An Ohio House committee has advanced a bill to defund Planned Parenthood in the state. [Think Progress]
- Meet Stacie Laughton, a politician from Nashua, New Hampshire, who last week became the first openly transgender person elected to statewide office in the country. [LGBTQ Nation]
- Two women will be succeeding the former head of Microsoft Windows unit. [NBC News]
- NBC correspondent Luke Russert asked Nancy Pelosi whether she might consider stepping aside in Democratic party leadership because she might be too old. Funny how she is the same age as John McCain was — 72 — when he ran for president. Also, Pelosi will be staying on as House Minority Leader. [Towleroad, Newser]
- Talking head Star Jones on “Clueless” actress Stacey Dash, who endorsed Mitt Romney for president: “If you have a vagina, brown skin, and a brain, I don’t see how you could have endorsed Romney.” [Madame Noire]
- On race, gender and The Brief Wondrous Life Of Oscar Wao author Junot Diaz. [Racialicious]
- Wonder Woman gets her own Tumblr diary. [The Mary Sue]
- The president of the Ivory Coast in Africa was so outraged by the proposal to make men and women the joint heads of households — currently, men are the head of a household mandated by the law — that he fired his cabinet. [BBC]
- How one Iranian woman accidentally became the face of Neda, the protester who was shot during a demonstration in Tehran. [BBC]
- Iraqi architect Zaha Hadid on how being an Arab and a woman is a double-edged sword. [Guardian UK]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.