No Abortion Access? You’re At Increased Risk For Poverty
- Denying women access to abortion services makes women more likely to fall below the poverty line in the subsequent years, according to a study out of the University of San Francisco. Which, if you think about it, makes sense: many women who have abortions are already mothers and choose to terminate a pregnancy rather than raise a child they (perhaps already) cannot afford. And then guess who needs public assistance from the government? You guessed it! [Think Progress]
- Behold, the most sexist media incidents of 2012. Read it and weep, ladies. No, really, read it. And weep. [Name It Change It (PDF)]
- Sexual assault survivors in the military on how they have contended with the military justice system. [Dart Society]
- Fun with graphics! See how the number of female senators has tripled in the past 20 years. [Mashable]
- Meet a Chinese mother of two young children in New York City who is stuck in immigration jail and facing deportation. [New York Daily News]
- Why we all need to hear less about Paula Broadwell in the David Petraeus scandal. [Think Progress]
- Well, now I have some hope for humanity: the two NYPD officers — often referred to as the “rape cops” — who were involved in the sexual assault of a drunk woman inside her NYC apartment will serve time in jail. [Gothamist]
- Why we judge victims of sexual harassment. [xoJane]
- There’s no good female equivalent for the word “bachelor.” Let’s fix that. [How About We]
- On women’s fight to define the Arab Spring of 2011. [New York Times]
- Some Afghan women are afraid their rights will further erode as Americans exit. [Wall Street Journal]
- Hollaback! is headed to Ireland and will expose men who sexually harass and catcall women. [Irish Central]
- The British government has condemned so-called “ex-gay therapy” as harmful. [Think Progress]
- What Chinese women really need from their country. [BBC]
- Catching up with Malala, the 14-year-old Pakistani girl who was shot by the Taliban because of her activism on behalf of girl’s education. [CNN]
- Italian opera singer Cecilia Bartoli on why she is “going against the diva cliché of being beautiful all the time.” [Telegraph UK]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.