What Do You Do To Avoid Sexual Assault And Harassment?
- Wow, everyone: Project Unspoken at Emory University put together this amazing video in which it asked both men and women on camera what actions they take on a daily basis to avoid sexual assault and harassment. Not surprisingly, the men say they do nothing … and the women go on and on and on and on. Seriously, watch this video. It’s very powerful. [Feministing]
- INTERPOL has elected its first-ever female president, Mireille Ballestrazzi. [The Mary Sue]
- I don’t talk as much about “intersectionalism” as I probably should — that is, recognizing that oppression is all intersectional and that feminist activism must never ignore class, race, sexual orientation, etc. — so this “Intersectionalism 101″ blog post is probably a good place to start if you want to learn more about it. [Nerdy Feminist]
- On the wide poverty gap between women and men. [The Atlantic]
- Four ways in which women won the 2012 election. [TIME]
- Blogger Amanda Marcotte from Slate on why President Obama won in part because he aggressively defended reproductive rights. Feministing co-founder Jessica Valenti also chimes in with her take. [Slate, The Nation]
- Ninety-percent of lesbian and gay folks who voted in the presidential election voted for President Obama, according to a new poll. [Gay Star News]
- How black LGBT women have fought to become visible. [Clutch Magazine]
- On black women, black criticism, and the unremovable veil of Jezebel. [The Feminist Wire via Racialicious]
- The city of San Francisco voted unanimously to remove exclusions of transgender people from a health care program. [Think Progress]
- Brig. Gen. Jeffrey Sinclair is undergoing trial at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, on sexual assault charges. [News Observer]
- Feminist burnout, anyone? Here’s a lesson in self-care for women’s rights defenders. [Gender Focus]
- Women in Saudi Arabia’s governmental advisory body will have to be separated by screens and debate with their colleagues through it. [Daily Mail UK]
- There will be zero women in leadership positions within Syria’s main opposition group. [Seattle Times]
- Swedish girl students are surpassing their male counterparts in school, according to new data from the National Agency for Education. [The Local]
- Chinese journalist and author Han Suyin, who repeatedly defended the country’s Communist government, died at 95. [Arts Journal]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.