Illinois Woman In Labor Votes Before Going To Hospital
- Now that’s dedication! Illinois mama-to-be Galacia Malone stopped at her local voting station to vote while her contractions were still five minutes apart. Once she voted, she dashed off to the hospital to give birth. Amazing. [ABC News]
- Women in the military say that sexual assault is still very much a problem. [New York Times]
- How a Tea Party-affiliated group is targeting transgender voters. [Raw Story]
- On black women rocking the vote. [Crunk Feminist Collective]
- Why 2012 might be both the year of the War On Women and another Year Of The Woman. [New York Observer]
- More Mormon women are enrolling as missionaries. [New York Times]
- Singer Miranda Lambert on why she wants more women in country music. [CMT]
- MTV’s “Underemployed” has the best new lesbian character on TV. [After Ellen]
- Teri Shields, the mother of actress Brooke Shields and her daughter’s manager, has died at age 79. [New York Times]
- The sister of one of men who shot Malala Yousufazi, the 14-year-old Pakistani girl who advocated for women’s rights, has apologized to Malala. “He has brought shame on our family,” the young woman said. [CNN]
- A historic mausoleum in Mumbai, India, has banned women from its most sacred area. [New York Times]
- Women in Saudi Arabia must uncover their faces for security checks, a council appointed by the king has ruled. [Reuters]
- Catching up with Bibi Aisha, the young Afghani woman whose relatives cut off her face and ears after she fled their home to escape abuse. [The Daily Beast]
- On Asian women’s increasing participation in civic life … or maybe not? [New York Times, Washington Post]
- On the fresh start for women in Myanmar. [New York Times]
Contact the author of this post at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.