D.L. Hughley On Black Women: “Angry All The Time”
- Actor D.L. Hughley said some offensive shit on NPR about women, especially black women, in a recent interview. Regarding women, he criticized our ability to reason and said, “If a man can have a face only a mother can love, then women can have personalities only fathers can love.” Of black women in particular, he said they are “angry all the time” and “I’ve never met an angrier group of people.” BRAIN. EXPLODES. Later on in the interview, he says he “respects” black women, which is so unapparent in the rest of what he says. [NPR via Naturally Moi]
- Vice President Joe Biden says transgender discrimination is “the civil rights issue of our time.” [Huffington Post]
- How rap can help end rape culture, in regards to Angel Haze and her new song “Cleaning Out My Closet” about the sexual assaults she suffered as a child. [The Atlantic]
- This is a pretty great piece about “brown gurl code” among Muslim women and women of color. [Oppressed Brown Girls Doing Things]
- Meet Sally Kohn, a former community organizer and one of the token liberals on Fox News. (Plus, seven other political pundits to love!) [New York Times, After Ellen]
- Daisy from xoJane on why she doesn’t call herself a feminist. [xoJane]
- On why women’s studies is needed now more than ever. [Crunk Feminist Collective]
- Deep question: Halloween is gay, but is it lesbian? [After Ellen]
- An open letter to sports bra manufacturers. [Huffington Post]
- Meet the Iranian filmmaker Nicole Kian Sadighi, whose film “I Am Neda” remembers Neda, the young woman who was murdered during protests for the 2009 elections. [Women’s Media Center]
- Literature by gay authors is having a moment in India. [Guardian UK]
- On Arabic women who are using Facebook to sell their crafts. [New York Times]
- One-quarter of Australian women have been sexually harassed at work, according to a new poll by the Australian Human Rights Commission. [Guardian UK]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.