Unlikely Style Inspiration: The Sister Witches Of “Hocus Pocus”
The 1993 Disney Halloween comedy “Hocus Pocus” is straight-up one of my favorite movies of all time. I assume everyone has seen it already, but if not, I wouldn’t want to ruin it for you — you just have to watch it, with or without the under-16 audience for which it’s intended. Halloween may be just around the corner, but I’m not spooked to admit that I seek to channel a little bit of “Hocus Pocus” every day of the year (it does star the future Carrie Bradshaw, after all). You can cop the hip witch look, too — just add chunky jewelry and black boots and go, no broomstick required.
1. MINKPINK Bad Romance Dress, $88, Singer22
2. Salem Corset Dress, $68, Nasty Gal
3. MINKPINK Goldfrapp Cape, $120, Shoptiques
4. Engraved Cross Pendant, $20, Topshop
5. Sparkle & Fade Pleated Chiffon Skirt, $59.99, Urban Outfitters