Study Finds No Link Between HPV Vaccine And Promiscuity In Girls
- Pay attention, concern trolls: there is zero link between the HPV vaccine and increased promiscuity in vaccinated girls, according to a new study published in the journal Pediatrics. Researchers have compared the sexual behavior of young women who were vaccinated against HPV at age 11 or 12 against girls who weren’t vaccinated and found no marked difference in behavior. Critics of HPV vaccinations for girls have long clutched their pearls that young women would behave more sex knowing that they were protected from strains of the cancer-causing virus. [Newser]
- An economics professor explains why using contraceptives make good economic sense. (tl;dr babies are expensive) [New York Times]
- The Duggar family from “19 Kids & Counting” are campaigning for Rep. Todd Akin, he of the “legitimate rape” comments. Of course they are. [Politico]
- New York Senator Kristen Gillibrand is on the short-list for potential 2016 Democratic presidential contenders. [New York Daily News]
- Meet Brooklyn’s trailblazing bartenders! [NY Times Magazine]
- 20 things you can take away from The S And M Feminist by blogger Clarisse Thorn, whether you’re into S&M or not. [Audostraddle]
- The Seattle Art Museum is holding an exhibit that will only showcase the contributions of women in modern art. [Washington Post]
- Reflections on Tori Amos and the feminist movement. [PopMatters]
- A 16-year-old girl who was gang raped by eight men has vowed to get justice against her attackers. Her father committed suicide by swallowing pesticide when he learned his daughter had been raped. [CNN]
- Accused rapist and ex-International Monetary Fund chief Dominique Strauss Kahn says his sex life was “out of step” but that lust is not a crime. Huh. [New York Daily News]
- Northern Ireland’s Health Minister has vowed to regulate the Marie Stopes Clinic, which will be the first-ever to provide abortions, “one way or the other.” [Jezebel]
- On the plight of women who are running for office in the West Bank. [New York Times]
- A growing number of Tajik women are being divorced by husbands off working in Russia. In the Muslim nation of Tajikistan, men can divorce their wives simply by repeating the word “divorce” three times. [BBC]
- Checking in with Kat Banyard, the UK’s most vocal young feminist. [Guardian UK]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.