Argentina Allows Woman Trapped In Sex Slavery To Have Abortion
- Argentina has allowed a woman who was forced into sex slavery to have an abortion. The 32-year-old woman had been kidnapped and forced into a prostitution ring, which got her impregnated. A judge had initially refused to allow her an abortion because he said there was no proof she had been raped. (In the predominantly Catholic country, abortion is illegal except in cases of rape or to save a woman’s life.) The abortion was finally done today after the ruling was overturned. [BBC]
- Reddit’s general manager explains why he won’t ban creepiness in the form of “creepshots” and “jailbait.” [BuzzFeed]
- On how women of color and low-income women are collateral damage in the war on women. [ColorLines]
- Philadelphia police are throwing a fundraising party for a cop who was fired for punching a woman. [Think Progress]
- The New York Times gets called out for an article on actresses with “extra pounds.” [NYMag.com]
- Blogger Alyssa Rosenberg on “Zero Dark Thirty” and the rise of female spies. [Think Progress]
- A look back on the week of unhappy men on the Internet. [The Nation]
- Suspects from the Taliban have been arrested regarding this week’s shooting of Malala Yousafzai, a 14-year-old Pakistani girls’ education activist. [Feminist.org]
- This is scary: radical Islamists in Mali have been compiling a list of unwed mothers, apparently because they intend to punish them through some cruel version of sharia law, such as stoning. [CNN]
- Oprah Winfrey discusses her Leadership Academy For Girls in South Africa. [Huffington Post]
- The member of Russian feminist punk band Pussy Riot who was freed earlier this week, Yekaterina Samutsevich, speaks to the press in her first interview since leaving jail. [Guardian UK]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at [email protected]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.