Ireland’s First Abortion Provider Opens Next Week
- A Marie Stopes International women’s reproductive health care clinic — sort of the Planned Parenthood across-the-pond — is opening next week in Belfast, Ireland. The clinic will be the first-ever in Ireland to provide abortions, which are illegal except to save the woman’s life or preserve her health. [Feministing]
- Female Marine vets describe an absolutely brutal culture of sexist name calling and sexual harassment. I would love to have our Frisky readers who are in/have been in the armed services weigh in. [Star And Stripes]
- Are American women better off than we were four years ago? Journal E.J. Graff investigates. [American Prospect]
- Nuns look back on the cultural changes created by Vatican II. [NPR]
- A female creative director describes what it’s like working for sexist clients. [Business Insider]
- In honor of the International Day of the Girl, CNN asked 15 women to give advice to their 15-year-old selves. (Thanks to commenter @MrRellim for the link.) [CNN]
- A woman in Hong Kong has died and three more have been hospitalized from septic shock caused by a “beauty treatment” that involved blood transfusions. The price of beauty, indeed. [Examiner]
- Meet China’s Leftover” women — the unmarried women over age 27 who are freaking everyone out because they’re not making babies. (Oopsies, that’s the whole Frisky staff, minus Rachel, who is a fetus.) [New York Times]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at [email protected]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.