Oklahoma Cuts Funding For Planned Parenthood
- Oklahoma’s Department of Health has cut funding to three Planned Parenthood clinics in the state which have received funding for 18 years. The department did not provide a reason for not renewing its contract for the Women Infant and Children program, which provides food vouchers, baby formula and health screenings for low-income women and their kids. I love it when people are so “pro-life” that they can justify cutting health services for babies. Planned Parenthood sources say the cuts are politically motivated. [Feminist.org]
- Author Jennifer Weiner confronts her own daughter about body-shaming after she hears her kid calling another little girl “fat.” [Allure]
- New research on working parents found that women are “more realistic” about combining a family with a career. [Harvard Business Review]
- Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia says overturning Roe vs. Wade, the decision that legalized abortion in the United States, would be “absolutely easy.” Of course, he was talking to a conservative audience so he was probably just telling them what they wanted to hear. [Think Progress]
- Feministing co-founder Jessica Valenti on why moms might want to stop saying “I’m a mother first.” [The Nation]
- It has been 40 years since Wonder Woman graced the first-ever cover of Ms. magazine and she’s still a feminist flashpoint. [Los Angeles Times]
- In honor of Banned Books Week, here is a look at how Toni Morrison’s novel Beloved is taught in schools. [The Daily Beast]
- Gabby Sidibe, Octavia Spencer, and Tracee Ellis-Ross all had great quotes recently about all the work Hollywood still needs to do representing women of color. [Clutch Magazine]
- 10 women in craft beer you should know and follow. [Drink With The Wench]
- Morocco says the Women On Waves ship set to dock in international waters to provide Moroccan women abortions is illegal. The ship, which sails from the Netherlands, travels to countries where abortion is illegal and provides health care to women. [USA Today]
- How will a maternal health program in Tanzania, Africa, impact tens of thousands of women and children by 2016? [Red Orbit]
- Female tattoo artists are on the upswing. Here are a few of them you might want to meet! [Guardian UK]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at [email protected]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.