Walmart Sued (Again) For Sex Discrimination
- Three women in Tennessee filed a sex discrimination class action lawsuit against Walmart today — a li’l something the company is intimately familiar with — because they claim they were paid less than their male colleagues and told they could not be promoted to manager because it’s “a man’s job.” [New York Daily News]
- The gays are taking over! Well, not quite. But LGBTQ congressional candidates are running for public office in record numbers. [Huffington Post]
- If you feel like listening to Rep. Todd Akin say more awful things, well, today is your lucky day! [Slate]
- On Tyler Perry’s “Madea” franchise and what they mean for stereotypes of black women. [Religious Dispatches]
- Great piece by blogger s.e. smith on parents who pressure their little girls to be “femme.” [xoJane]
- The Dutch “abortion boat” which sails into international waters outside of countries without legal abortion, is going to provide services to Moroccan women. Roughly 700 illegal, unsafe abortions take place in Morocco every day. [Raw Story]
- Protesters gathered for a rally in support of a 27-year-old woman in Tunisia, Africa, after she was allegedly raped by police in front of her fiance. The police say they caught the couple inside a car being “indecent.” Both the man and the woman are now facing charges of “indecency.” [BBC]
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn, the former head of the International Monetary Fund, will not face a criminal investigation over allegations he participated in a gang rape of a sex worker at a hotel in Lille, France. [Guardian UK]
- A Pakistani judge has sentenced a woman accused of running a brothel to attend classes at a mosque every day for one month for “rectification through religious teachings.” [BBC]
- Meet Easky Britton, an Irish woman who traveled to Iran and became the first-ever woman to surf on its beaches. (She wore a lycra hijab, in case you’re wondering how she covered up.) [BBC]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.