Sikh Woman Stands Up To Online Bullying About Her Facial Hair (And Gets Apology)
- Recently, a Sikh woman named Balpreet Kaur learned a photo of herself had been posted on the “Funny” section of the website Reddit, where users mocked her facial hair, outfit and turban. So she actually joined the comment thread to respond directly to the bullies to explain to them what’s what. “I realize that my gender is often confused and I look different than most women,” Kaur wrote. “However, baptized Sikhs believe in the sacredness of this body – it is a gift that has been given to us by the Divine Being (which is genderless, actually) and must keep it intact as a submission to the divine will.” And then the sincere apologies came. You mean to tell me something nice happened on the Internet?!?! [Guardian UK]
- Female editors-in-chief earn $15K less on average than men do, according to a compensation study from Folio magazine. [The Atlantic Wire]
- “Legitimate rape” dingdong Rep. Todd Akin passed the drop-out deadline to leave the Missouri Senate race against Claire McCaskskill, so now is as good a time as remind you of his greatest (and I mean worst) hits … [Mother Jones]
- … and he’s publicly wondered why McCaskill isn’t more “ladylike” … [Slate]
- … and also, the GOP is, like, “Shit, who’s Todd Akin? We don’t know that dude.” [NPR]
- Catholic bishops are ramping up their fight against same-sex marriage. [NPR]
- Minimalist posters celebrate six pioneering women in science. [Brain Pickings]
- Blogger Sady Doyle blasts Lady Gaga, who recently came forward about battling eating disorders, for her body revolution “stunt” … [Guardian UK]
- … and further calls for a “real” body revolution. [Crunk Feminist Collective]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.