Military Women Finally Get Specially Designed Body Armor
- The first group of women in the military will soon be deployed with body armor that has been designed especially with their female shape in mind. Previously, military women had to wear the one-size-fits-all body armor designed for men’s bodies, which sometimes left awkward open spaces where bullets or shrapnel could fly in. [TIME]
- Chik-Fil-A is “re-evaluating” giving money to anti-gay groups. [ABC News]
- President Obama awarded the Burmese pro-democracy activist Aung San Suu Kyi her 2008 Congressional Gold Medal, the country’s highest honor. Suu Kyi was issued the award five years ago, but has lived much of her life under government-imposed house arrest. [Guardian UK]
- What it’s like to be a woman of color in the lingerie industry. [Racialicious]
- Why do female entrepreneurs make less than their male counterparts? [Forbes]
- Check out this documentary on Mexican-American horsewomen. [Guanabee]
- What should you do if your child reports sexual harassment at school? [Oregon Live]
- “The Voice” contestant and out lesbian De’Borah Garner on anti-gay attitudes in the gospel music scene. [After Ellen]
- Some people say Elizabeth Hurley’s bikini line for little girls is inappropriate. [YourTango]
- Parents, a sheik and a nurse were charged in Sydney, Australia, for performing female genital mutilation on two girls, ages six and seven. [Sydney Morning Herald]
- Ukraine’s feminist organization FEMEN held a topless protest in Paris. Something tells me that Dominique Strauss Kahn was inspired to become a feminist activist that day. [France 24]
- Female Canadian Mounties do not feel the complaints process for sexual harassment within their ranks is properly handled and therefore they are reluctant to come forward, according to a new report. [The Tyee]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.