Texas Principal Cancels Cosmetology Class To Keep Male Student Out
- The principal of a school district in Texas briefly cancelled an adult education cosmetology course after a male student, whom the principal perceived to be gay, signed up for the class. The teacher of the class says that really sucks for everyone else, because oftentimes the students who take her cosmetology class are single mothers trying to learn a valuable and flexible skill. The school district then rescheduled the class after the bad press drew attention to it. Oh, Texas. [Queerty]
- Hide the children! “I am not a witch” Tea Party star Christine O’Donnell is considering a 2014 Senate run. [Raw Story]
- Can black women lead on rethinking marriage? [On The Issues]
- A Christian college in Georgia has finally approved an LGBT awareness group on campus after nine years of students trying to start one. Good for them! [Think Progress]
- Blogger Alyssa Rosenberg on the problem with Gillian Flynn’s novel Gone Girl. Uh oh, Alyssa. Amelia is going to come after you. [Think Progress]
- Sister Mary Rose McGeady, a nun who worked on Covenant House, a network of shelters for homeless kids, died last week at age 84. [New York Times]
- Burmese pro-democracy activist Aung San Suu Kyi, who spent a large chunk of her life under house arrest, is traveling to the United States to receive the Congressional Gold Medal from President Obama. [BBC]
- Hong Kong’s first openly gay lawmaker is seeking the legalization of same-sex marriage. [Raw Story]
- Eva Figes, a novelist and feminist writer who penned the treatise “Patriarchal Attitudes,” died last month at age 80. [New York Times]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.