Virginia Passes Regulations That Seem To Shut Down Abortion Clinics
- Virginia’s Board of Health has voted to pass building regulations pushed by anti-abortion advocates on things like hallway sizes and ventilation systems that will force many abortion clinics in the state to close. Just awful. [Huffington Post]
- More on the accused Central Park rapist’s history of attacking elderly women. [ABC News]
- Another politician has compared abortion to slavery. That seems sensible. [Think Progress]
- Proof that Goddess has a sense of twisted humor: Jessica Valenti, feminist and author of Why Have Kids?, was approached by a major news outlet to promote her feminist analysis of parenthood and asked to write about “how she lost the baby weight.” (The fact that she “lost the baby weight” by giving birth to a three-months-early preemie is another story entirely.) [JessicaValenti.Tumblr.com]
- Some good news for once: Feminist Frequency video blogger Anita Sarkeesian, who was cyberbullied by nasty trolls for trying to raise money through Kickstarter to do a piece on women in video games, has raised an astounding $158,922 in cash. And get this — she was only trying to raise $6,000 in the first place. [New Media Rock Stars]
- Why architects — yes, architects — need feminism. [Design Observer]
- The Mountain Goats’ Jon Darnielle on Joni Mitchell, Pussy Riot, and feminism. [BuzzFeed]
- How does the status of women affect a nation’s security? [Women Under Siege Project]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at [email protected]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.