A Look At Just How Difficult It Is To Get A Pap Smear In Texas
- In the video above, RH Reality Check Texas reporter Andrea Grimes — the same Andrea Grimes who writes our “Hitched” column every week! — calls dozens of Texas-funded Women’s Health Program providers in search of a pap smear. The program has excluded Planned Parenthood as a provider, and Andrea discovers the drastically few places that will provide her with a women’s health exam within her area.
- Naomi Wolf, author of The Beauty Myth, has made some strange statements in her new book Vagina. Here are the top 15 weirdest claims. [Buzzfeed]
- Ann Romney refused to answer questions about birth control in an interview today with KWQC-TV6 because birth control is not “what this election is going to be about. This election is going to be about the economy and jobs.” [Think Progress]
- The National Women’s Law Center released a report today that says women have lost 450,000 public sector jobs since 2009, wiping out 45 percent of their private sector gains over the course of the recovery. [Think Progress]
- Apparently, women with a genetic mutation have an increased risk of breast cancer from radiation during medical screenings and diagnoses. [NPR]