The Look For Less: Get Keira Knightley’s Pretty Chanel Makeup Without The Chanel Prices
I’m still not entirely sure how I feel about the cupcake-y dress Keira Knightley wore to the “Anna Karenina” UK premiere, but one thing is for absolute certain: her makeup was gorgeous. Keira is, you know, one of the most naturally beautiful people alive, but makeup artist Lisa Eldridge made the very best of the actress’s features for the occasion. She said of her decision to focus mainly on a feline smoky eye, “I wanted to create a soft, pale, and pretty makeup that had a romantic feel but was careful to add strength around the eyes so the overall look wasn’t washed out against the dress.” Lisa, who spoke to Grazia Daily just after the event, used Chanel products to create the look (Keira is the brand’s beauty ambassador). Get the full scoop after the jump, but don’t be put off by the potential costliness of recreating it — I’ve also included my top product picks for taking Keira’s cues at a more affordable price range.
- “Chanel Perfection Lumière Foundation in 10 Beige was applied with a brush and buffed into the skin followed by Éclat Lumière in 20 Beige Clair and Lift Lumière Concealer in 10 Beige around Keira’s eyes and on the high points to highlight, set with a light application of Poudre Universelle Libre in 20 Clair.”
Instead of Perfection Lumière Foundation, $55, try Clinique Continuous Coverage, $24.
Instead of Lift Lumière Concealer, $46, try Physicians Formula Physicians Strength Concealer, $7.99.
Instead of Poudre Universelle Libre, $52, try Korres Wild Rose Mineral Setting Powder, $18.
- “Lisa used Ecriture De Chanel in Noir liquid liner along Keira’s upper lashes, followed by powder shadow Ombre Essentielle in Ebony to soften.
- At the outer corner she lifted and elongated the liner into a small kitten flick and then mixed Ombres Contraste Duo in Gris–Subtil across Keira’s eyelid, and underneath the lower lashes for a soft shimmery silver smokey effect.
- Lisa also added Ombre Essentielle in Liberty, a pale pink shade at the socket line to blend and soften and also on the inner corners for a shimmery effect, finishing with lashings of Inimitable Intense Mascara in Noir plus a few individual lashes at the outer edge of her upper lashes.”
Instead of Ecriture De Chanel, $34, try Maybelline Line Stiletto, $5.99.
Instead of Ombres Contraste Duo, $42, try bareMinerals READY Eyeshadow 2.0 in The Perfect Storm, $20.
Instead of Ombre Essentielle, $28.50, try Make Up For Ever Eyeshadow in Soft Pink 97, $20.
Instead of Inimitable Intense Mascara, $30, try Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes!, $19.
LIPS AND CHEEKS
- “Lisa applied Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Rose Initiale and the lips were lined with Le Crayon Lévres in Natural, followed by Rouge Allure in Evanescente.”
Instead of Joues Contraste Powder Blush, $43, try Too Faced Full Bloom Ultra Flush Blush in Sweet Pink, $19.
Instead of Le Crayon Lévres, $29, try Make Up For Ever Waterproof Lipliner in Medium Natural Beige 3C, $18.
Instead of Rouge Allure, $34, try Too Faced La Crème in Nude Beach, $21.