Meet The Women Who Financially Support Their Husbands
- This week’s cover story in The New York Times Magazine addresses the economy’s effect on marriages, specifically ones where the wife is now the breadwinner and is supporting an unemployed or under-employed husband. Sounds fascinating. [New York Times Magazine]
- If Sandra Fluke’s speech at the DNC last night was intended to make wackadoodle Republicans go nuts about that “slut” and make themselves look even worse, then mission fuckin’ accomplished! [Slate]
- Questions for anti-abortion activists outside the DNC who say “drunk” Democrats support “whores killing babies.” You can’t make this stuff up, people. [Raw Story]
- Meet the progressive Catholic nun who brought her star power to the DNC on Tuesday night. [CNN]
- Meet Rep. Rick Berg, a Republican in North Dakota who is running for a seat in the Senate and believes that a woman who has an abortion deserves a life sentence in jail — even if the pregnancy was the result of rape or incest. [Think Progress]
- September 4th was World Hijab Day, a celebration of head covering worn by Muslim women. [Seattle Post-Intelligencer]
- Blogger Anna North on why gender trend pieces just won’t go away. [BuzzFeed]
- Yours truly has a second post on Think Progress today, this time about Kate Middleton, Katie Couric and body policing. [Think Progress]
- A member of the European Union justice commission has proposed putting sanctions against companies that do not allocate at least 40 percent of their supervisory boards to women by the end of the decade. [New York Times]
- Women in Asia are mostly ignorant about fertility problems and attribute their problems conceiving to “bad luck,” according to a new survey. [Reuters]
- Egypt’s female newscasters are newly permitted to wear head-covering Muslim veils such as the hijab when they read the news. Women were previously told not to wear head coverings in a show of secularism. [New York Daily News]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.