Some Jerk Called The DNC “The Vagina Monologues”
- CNN contributor Erick Erickson tweeted last night that the Democratic National Convention was “the Vagina Monologues,” because, you know, LADIES. (Or, as blogger Amanda Marcotte wittily put it, he is “not a fan of women talking.”) [Think Progress, Slate]
- Both campaigns are spending baller amounts of money on abortion-related advertising this election cycle. [Washington Post]
- Police in Chicago have adopted a new policy for handling transgender suspects, including that police cannot search a person to “determine their gender.” [Feminist.org]
- Blogger Jarrah Hodge debunks the myth that there is not a gender wage gap. (I would have just said “Go Google ‘Lily Ledbetter’ and then shut up” but she puts it much more eloquently.) [Gender Focus]
- Do we need to hear from a candidate’s spouse at a nominating convention? Friends-of-The-Frisky Rebecca Traitster and Shelby Knox weigh in. [New York Times]
- Female Chauvinist Pigs author Ariel Levy reviews Naomi Wolf’s newest book, Vagina. [Bitch Magazine]
- On women’s tennis players and “unladylike” grunting. [Buzzfeed]
- Yours truly penned a guest piece about the Bechdel test and “America’s Next Top Model.” [Think Progress]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.