Turkish Woman Shoots, Decapitates Her Rapist
- Well, that’s a lot to process: a pregnant rape victim shot and decapitated her rapist and then dumped his head in the town square, telling police who arrested her, “That is the head of the one who toyed with my honor.” The rapist also allegedly possessed nude photos of the 26-year-old mother of two, which he was threatening to show to her parents in an attempt to humiliate her family. She is quoted in the UK’s Daily Mail explaining: “He kept saying that he would tell everyone about the rape. My daughter will start school this year. Everyone would have insulted my children. Now no one can. I saved my honour. They will now call children the kids of the women who saved her honor.” On the one hand I honestly could care less about what sort of punishments befall rapists; I’m of the opinion they should rot in prison the rest of their lives. But on the other hand, it’s absolutely tragic that this woman was motivated to murder by reclaiming her “honor.” How terribly sad that this woman felt tarnished as a human being. [Daily Mail UK]
- Seven women, including a war veteran, two black women and a Latina, will take the stage tonight at the first evening of the Democratic National Convention. Will y’all be watching? [Politico]
- Newark, New Jersey mayor Cory Booker spoke at the Planned Parenthood rally in Charlotte, North Carolina, where the DNC is taking place this week. Goddamn, I do love a handsome man who stands up for women’s reproductive rights. [Raw Story]
- Meet Erin DiMeglio, a high school senior who is making history as the first female quarterback in Florida. [Huffington Post]
- Blogger Amanda Marcotte on how anti-choicers are showing their true colors this campaign season. [Reproductive Health Reality Check]
- No shit, Sherlock: violence against transgender folks exacerbates suicidal thinking and substance abuse. [Think Progress]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.