Harrod’s In London Debuts Gender Neutral Toy Store
- Harrod’s, the famous department store in London, has finally debuted their gender-neutral toy store in which toys are grouped by theme, rather than “boys” and “girls.” The toy store has sections for stuffed animals, books, candy, and other toys but doesn’t stick to an exclusively pink or blue color palette. Very cool! [The Mary Sue]
- Condoleezza Rice was supposedly pooh-poohed as a vice presidential choice for Mitt Romney because she is too liberal on reproductive rights and gay marriage. [Queerty]
- A household maid might have accidentally made an appearance in the background of a 10-minute video that aired last night at the Republican National Convention. [ColorLines]
- Conservative women are reportedly divided on Rep. Todd Akin, who made everyone facepalm two weeks ago with his offensive comments about “legitimate rape.” Really, ladies, how can you be “divided” on that? [NBC News]
- On the children of “legitimate rape.” [The New Yorker]
- Opponents of the National Go Topless Day event in Asheville, North Carolina, have filed a complaint with the police department claiming the cops refused to stop topless women from “behaving sexually” during the event … despite the fact state law allows women to be topless in public. [Asheville Citizen-Times]
- A chef in Park Slope, Brooklyn, is the target of a new website set up by 22 former female employees claiming he sexually harasses women on his staff. [New York Daily News]
- On sexism against men. [The Jane Dough]
- Artist Judith Chicago (“The Dinner Party”) on Pussy Riot and radical art. [International Business Times]
- 25 reasons we still need feminism. [Gurl]
- Palestine is making it easier for women to separate from their husbands. [Washington Post]
- British youth report being confused about what constitutes sexual consent. [Guardian UK]
- Who are the Japanese “gals”? [BBC]
Tips? Stories that we should cover? Send them to me at [email protected] Follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.