Beauty Cues: The “Bachelorette” Girls Break It Down, Minus The Blow
So this movie “Bachelorette” just came out, and I’m so ambivalent as to whether or not I should see it. On one hand, I love (in no manner of order other than how they are credited on iMDB) Lizzy Caplan, Isla Fisher, Kirsten Dunst, James Marsden, Adam Scott, and Rebel Wilson. On the other, I heard that the movie itself is an abomination. On the other, other hand, I really want to see it, but will I regret wasting 91 minutes of my life? Therein lies the conundrum.
All internal battles aside, the stars looked just lovely on the red carpet at the premiere over the weekend. Winona and I agree that Kirsten slayed this Gaultier trench-inspired dress, which could have been a disaster on the wrong girl; Lizzy looked so good from the waist up that I’ll let her awkward-length slip slide; Isla was refined perfection in red lace Reem Acra. But I’m really feeling their individual approaches to makeup for the night — the three managed to look gorgeous and true to their own sensibilities without overshadowing one another. I think this calls for a special three-way edition, no?
GET KIRSTEN’S LOOK
- Too Faced La Crème in I Want Candy: Raspberry lips are in for fall, so get a head start on the trend with this creamy new offering from Too Faced. It contains a bit of golden shimmer to add dimension without catching too much light.
- Smashbox Image Factory Airblush Whipped Cheek Color in Dusty Rose: A cream formula is all you need to create a dewy, natural-looking flush. Just use your fingertips to blend it into the apples of cheeks to look instantly refreshed.
GET ISLA’S LOOK
- Clinique Quickliner For Eyes in Dark Chocolate: A dark neutral brown defines the eyes and blends beautifully without the severity of black. Use the smudger to blend the color around the eye and up onto the lid for a full smoky eye in one go.
- Lancôme Rouge In Love in Lasting Kiss: This natural nude beige has just enough pink in it to avoid the corpse lips look and provide balance to a dark eye.
GET LIZZY’S LOOK
- Tarte EmphasEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner in Black: Even the most inexperienced of makeup artists have no reason to fear a potted liner — it goes on smoother and holds longer than a liquid formula. The short, stiff brush included makes lining the lashes a cinch, but for this look you’ll want to lay it on thick with the tapered end and extend into a suggestion of a cat eye.
- Bite High Pigment Matte Pencil in Zinfandel: This pencil is less matte than the name implies, but true to its word on all other counts: it is soft, creamy, and full of rich pigment that doesn’t budge, which is particularly important when it comes to a high-intensity electric red like this one. Bonus: no lipliner required, as the pointed tip performs on the part with ease.