Have you heard of Dreama Walker? If you haven’t you will soon. That’s because Dreama is the star of the new indie flick “Compliance,” where she stars as Becky, a fast food employee who unwittingly gets caught up in a prank call scam. Her performance is delicate, naturalistic and very, very good.
If you miss her in “Compliance” (which don’t — it’s definitely worth seeing), you can also catch her in the ABC sitcom “Don’t Trust The B— In Apartment 23,” and in the upcoming movies “The Kitchen” and “Chlorine.”
So what should you know about Dreama?
1. One of her first roles was playing Clint Eastwood’s granddaughter in “Gran Torino.” She said of the experience:
“I thought it was a glitch and some sort of mistake and I didn’t know how I got that part and I didn’t know why or how he wouldn’t have cast somebody that was more well known. But it was an extremely cool experience. He is just so easy and so wonderful to work with and for. His team, he uses the same crew essentially he has for the last 20 years and they’re just a machine, an amazing machine and it’s like 9 to 5 days. Everyone couldn’t be nicer and is just so efficient and good at their job. So it was a fantastic experience and of course he’s just a super cool dude. So that was awesome and I remember being like, ‘Well, this is it. This is over.’ My dad still is like, ‘Well, what’s going on now, Dreama? You should call up Clint and see if he’s got anything else.’ I’m like, ‘It doesn’t work like that, daddy. That’s not how it happens.‘”
2. She’s now on “Don’t Trust the B—- in Apt. 23,” but you better never call her a bitch. “As a woman, it’s certainly not my favorite word, but in this sense, (Chloe) is an assertive, super-get-ahead, take-charge woman,” Walker said of the show. “When women take on the role of a man, sometimes they’ll get called that word. Chloe puts herself first and she’s selfish, but it’s not meant to be bad at all.”
3. She spent a few seasons as a member of Blair Waldorf’s posse on “Gossip Girl.” From 2008-2009, Dreama played Hazel on the hit CW show, bouncing back and forth between being loyal to Blair and poor teen fashion designer Jenny Humphrey.
4. She was nominated for a Teen Choice Award for “Female Breakout Star.” For her role on “Don’t Trust The B—- in Apt. 23.”
5. She supports marriage equality. She was in a promotional video for the Human Rights Campaign’s Americans For Marriage Equality campaign.