Pimp’s List Of 10 Rules Is The Most Depressing Thing Ever
Not that I was under any illusions that pimps were good people as a general demographic, but this just makes me want to take a bath after reading it. On Monday, Long Island police raided the home of an alleged pimp named Steve McDaniel and came across a handwritten list called “Rules 2 Da Game of Hoez!!!”
Apparently it was written for McDaniel’s accomplice, Sandra Russell, in his prostitution-and-drug ring on how best to manipulate and control their prostitutes. It honestly reads like Pimping 101 based on the plots of movies that air at 2 a.m. on the Spike channel.
You can see the actual list here, via the Smoking Guy, but I’ve transcribed it below:
- Always make them need and depend on you so you have Power over them. (Power is control.)
- Make them understand that you don’t need them they need you and they are replaceable. Never let them no if you need them deep down inside.
- Never let no1 get away with sneakin anything cause once they feel they can away they will always scheme.
- No matter how much you like or care for 1 or any of them, don’t trust none of them. (Like Scarface who do I trust?? Me that’s who..)
- Always stay 2 steps ahead of the game you have them playin.
- Don’t let them no all your Plans. But alwayz try 2 no theres.
- Make sure you own there minds, bodys and souls. (N test it out every often 2 make sure)
- Keep your bi (?) on the low as possible when it comes to family and haters. (Cause you can’t trust none of them.)
- Alwayz try 2 no whats going on. (Make them tell on each other.)
- Give respect when respect’s due.. (Follow these rules and you should be gucci.)
Well, if that’s not the most skin-crawling-est thing you’ll ever read.
I know not every woman and man who does sex work is involved in it against their will, nor are they doing it because they have no better options. Not every sex worker is trafficked or even has a pimp. But a list like this is really a peek into the lives of those people who are in sex work against their will and how their pimps manipulate and control them. It’s completely psychological. This list, even if there’s an ounce of truth to his method in it, shows how these women have their self-esteem and trust obliterated by the person controlling them.
Helping women and girls to get out of sex work is not as simple as just arresting them. It’s about making sure creeps like Steven McDaniel and Sandra Russell rot in jail for the rest of their lives.