“There Are No Feminists On My Team,” Says U.S. Women’s Basketball Coach
- The U.S. women’s Olympic basketball team coach Geno Auriemma has said that “there are no feminists on my team … we’re not running around burning our bras trying to make people believe in our team.” I guess he is trying to say talent wins out above all? But way to not understand feminism at all, dude. The reason the team you coach is allowed to play in the Olympics is because of women’s equality. [Blisstree]
- …. nevertheless, NPR declares it the “Year Of The Woman” at the London Olympics. [NPR]
- A woman who braids hair has won a federal lawsuit against the state of Utah over regulations that would have required her to get a cosmetology license. The state of Utah could not prove that hair braiders — who oftentimes are immigrant women for whom attaining a cosmetology license would be a struggle — were a threat to public health. [Seattle Times]
- A new web series spotlights the female victims of sex trafficking. [Essence]
- A top commander who oversees basic training for the Air Force has been dismissed after a sex scandal at Lackland Air Force base in Texas resulted in the widespread sexual assault of female recruits. [Seattle Times]
- Men spend money more impulsively and rack up more credit card debt when there are fewer women around, according to a new study in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. [TIME]
- Amanda Marcotte on how vibrators have officially gone mainstream. [The American Prospect]
- The most poignant moments from feminist punk rock band Pussy Riot’s closing statements in a Moscow court. Earlier this week, Madonna spoke out in support of Pussy Riot, who were jailed for publicly criticizing the Russian president Vladimir Putin. [BuzzFeed]
- Nepal has banned women under 30 from being migrant workers in the Persian Gulf out of concern for their safety. [CNN]
- Over 900 nuns have gathered in St. Louis, Missouri, to discuss their response to the Vatican’s recent criticism that nuns were getting too radical. [New York Times]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.