Elizabeth Banks Stands Up For Planned Parenthood
- Actress Elizabeth Banks continues to be a magical unicorn from my dreams with this just-released video in support of Barack Obama’s 2012 campaign. Banks talks about why she supports Planned Parenthood — when she was a broke college graduate they helped regulate her heavy flow! — and Obama’s overall support for women’s health care. (No one tell her “30 Rock” character Avery Jessup that she did this, okay?) [YouTube]
- Two different people have told me they just couldn’t read this Esquire article about women “whining” because it is just too obnoxious. You’ve been warned. [Esquire]
- An Orthodox Jewish member of the Boro Park neighborhood in Brooklyn does not want security video cameras posted for a bone-chilling reason: he is concerned that any domestic violence captured on camera will be dealt with “outside the community.” [Forward]
- What to do when your friend group has a case of the Creepy Dude. [Captain Awkward]
- Kate J.M. Baker from Jezebel hung out with 24-year-old anti-abortion extremist Lila Rose (and her pretty hair). [Jezebel]
- A representative from the bigoted, anti-gay American Family Association has publicly endorsed kidnapping children from gay parents. [Towleroad]
- An anti-abortion activist will face a jury trial for sending a threatening letter to an abortion provider in Kansas. [Feminist.org]
- Sandra Fluke, who was called a “slut” by Rush Limbaugh on his radio show for testifying before Congress about the need for birth control coverage in health care reform, will introduce President Obama on a campaign trail stop in Denver. [Denver Post]
- Fox News host Alisyn Camerota is defending a segment she did questioning whether the gymnast Gabby Douglas was patriotic enough because she wore a hot pink leotard instead of a more “patriotic” red, white and blue one. [Huffington Post]
- Illustrated musings from the late Susan Sontag on love. [The Atlantic]
- A viral video of a “mob molestation,” or women being sexually abused in a public by a group, has put street harassment under the microscope in India. [Al Jazeera]
- An Australian court has sided with a prostitute who sued a motel owner for discrimination when he refused to rent her a room to work from in Moranbah, Queensland. I like this woman on account of the fact she referred to herself as “a tenacious little terrier.” Telegraph UK]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at [email protected]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.