NYPD Officer Accused Of Rape
- New York City police officer Arthur Roldan has been accused of raping his 23-year-old ex-girlfriend. On Tuesday night, Roldan allegedly held the woman — who is pregnant— at gunpoint and knife point and then raped her inside a car in a parking lot. He also allegedly punched her in the face when she initially refused sex. Roldan was charged with two counts of first-degree rape, two counts of second-degree menacing and one count of third-degree assault and released on $20,000 bail. [Gothamist]
- Film student Sophie Peeters has made a short called “Femme de la Rue” about all the street harassment she faces walking around Brussels. Damn, and I thought NYC was bad. [Guardian UK]
- A lesbian Chick-fil-A employee speaks out! (Anonymously, duh. Girl ain’t dumb.) [The Daily Beast]
- I knew The New York Times’ Style section would find some way to write a dopey article about Yahoo CEO Marissa Meyer. And here it is: fashion choices of the women of Silicon Valley. [New York Times]
- American weightlifter Sarah Robles is calling for more feminine attire at the Olympics for lady weightlifters, seeing as she has to compete wearing dude clothes. “I think being strong and confident and doing what you love makes you more feminine because you’re not afraid to be yourself,” she said. Hear, hear! [Seattle Times]
- There was only one female director on Sight & Sound’s list of the greatest female directors. [Slate]
- Meet Dee Johnson, the lesbian producer behind “The Good Wife,” “ER” and “Rizzoli & Isles.” [After Ellen]
- On gay S&M in pop music. [Bitch Magazine]
- Esther Kartiganer, a senior producer for “60 Minutes” and winner of 13 Emmy Awards, has died at age 74. [Brandeis.edu]
- A performance of Eve Ensler’s play “The Vagina Monologues” has been banned from occurring in a city in India on account of the subject material. [Hindustan Times]
- A military investigation has found that a dozen American servicemen may have brought prostitutes back to their hotels in Colombia prior to President Obama’s arrival during an official visit in April. [Seattle Times]
- A female Chinese college student performed a rap outside the corporate headquarters of a company which only recruits males. She also intends to sue. [Radio Free Asia]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.