Court Block’s Arizona’s Ban On Abortions After 20 Weeks
- Yesterday, a federal appeals court blocked Arizona from enforcing its ban on abortions after 20 weeks except in order to save the life of the mother or to avert “major bodily harm.” [Reuters, Politico]
- EW. Director Alfred Hitchcock ruined “The Birds” star Tippi Hedren’s career because she wouldn’t have a sexual relationship with him. I had no idea about any of this, but it’s being turned into an HBO film called “The Girl.” [Think Progress]
- Why female athletes usually get shafted in the post-Olympics hunt for endorsers. [Business Insider]
- What you need to know about birth control, health care reform, and why the brand of contraception that you use is important. [XX Factor]
- On sexual harassment in gaming culture. [New York Times]
- On the politicizing of black women’s hair, in response to nasty comments being made about 16-year-old gymnast Gabby Douglas’ hair. [Feministing]
- A lesbian Air Force veteran named Marie Tracy is cycling cross-country to raise awareness about LGBT troops. [Queerty]
- A doctor from New York City’s Mount Sinai Medical Center has been charged with filming up-skirt videos of a woman in the subway. He had a tiny camera clipped onto a newspaper. [New York Times]
- Amtrak has rolled out an ad campaign targeting lesbians and gays. [Queerty]
- On STEM (that’s science, tech, engineering and math) and sexism. [Teach For America]
- Find out more about Black GirlsCode, a workshop in San Francisco that trains girls of color, ages seven to 17, on how to build a website. Very cool! [Colorlines]
- This Pakistani woman’s husband cut off her nose in an act of domestic violence. Here she is after 32 yeas and some plastic surgery. [BBC]
- A mob in France attacked police officers who were checking the ID of a woman wearing a face-covering Islamic veil. It is illegal for Muslim women to wear face-covering veils in public. [France24]
- Here’s a peek at life for women living in the Gaza Strip. [Guardian UK]
- Japanese women are no longer at the forefront of global life expectancy rankings. [BBC]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.