Male Veterans Get Job Training, Female Veterans Get Knitting Class
- A North Carolina ministry has been hit with a sex-discrimination complaint after it was found that it provides job training services in fields like truck driving and culinary arts only to men. The alleged job training for women includes Bible study, yoga, art therapy — here’s the kicker —and knitting. All of these are truly helpful skills for the job search. The best part is that the Asheville Buncome Community Christian Ministry receives federal funding for this! [Think Progress]
- A lesbian in Omaha, Nebraska, who had homophobic slurs carved into her skin by three masked men on Sunday spoke out publicly for the first time yesterday. [CNN]
- Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos has pledged $2.5 million to help pass same-sex marriage in Washington state. [New York Times]
- A Florida woman posing as a doctor has been arrested for administering lethal doses of substances like glue and caulk into women’s butts, hips, thighs and boobs. [Raw Story]
- Essence magazine has let go of their white fashion director Elliana Placas, whose hiring in 2010 caused a controversy. [Clutch Magazine]
- Actress Lupe Ontiveros from “Selena” and “Real Women Have Curves” died last night at age 69. [New York Daily News]
- Somalia is debating a new constitution that would not criminalize abortion to save the life of the mother. [BusinessWeek]
- A British woman and her two sons have been sentenced to four years in prison after they kidnapped and drugged their daughter/sister in order to force her to marry her cousin. [Daily Mail UK]
- Today is Iran’s third-ever National Day of Sexual Minorities, when LGBTQ Iranians make small public gestures to celebrate their forbidden sexuality. [Queerty]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.