Australian Newspaper Asks If Swimmer Leisel Jones Is Too Fat
- Australian newspaper the Herald Sun posted a poll asking whether Olympic swimmer Leisel Jones was too fat alongside pictures of Jones in her swimsuit. A caption read, “The Olympic veteran’s figure is in stark contrast to that of 2008.” The poll has since been removed from the website and her teammates, as well as other Aussie swimmers, have come to her defense. It’s your fourth time at the Olympics, girl! Be like Beyoncé and don’t give a fuck what people are saying about you on the Internet! [NY Daily News, Yahoo]
- Could this be?! Are House Republicans softening on birth control coverage in health care reform?! [Think Progress]
- XX Factor blogger Amanda Marcotte on how the death of Tonya Reaves is not an argument for banning abortion. [Slate]
- An interview with the co-director of “Brave” who says the film was inspired by her daughter. [Ms. Magazine]
- A nine-weeks-pregnant 16-year-old with acute leukemia has been banned from having chemotherapy because abortion is illegal in the Dominican Republic. [CNN]
- A topless feminist activist from the Ukrainian group Femen flashed her boobs at a Russian Orthodox Church leader yesterday. [Washington Post]
Contact the author of this post at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.