Republican Proposes Yet Even More Restrictions On Birth Control
- Republican Rep. Denny Rehberg (R-MT) plans to propose a spending bill that would allow employers to deny health insurance coverage for birth control and other contraception based on the employer’s own “moral reasons.” Rehberg’s proposed bill would also federally defund Planned Parenthood until the organization no longer provides abortions (despite the fact PP does not use federal funds to pay for abortions). Oy, vey. Here we go again. [Slate, Think Progress]
- A lesbian in Louisville, Kentucky, suffered a broken jaw after being assaulted by a group yelling homophobic slurs at her. [Queerty]
- XX Factor blogger Amanda Marcotte on why it may be wrong to expect Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer to identify as a feminist. [Slate]
- I know I’m a little late to this story about Lt. Gov Jennifer Carroll, but I didn’t want to skip it because it’s kind of a hot mess. [Essence]
- Why have misdemeanor sexual assaults, like groping, spiked in Queens, NY? Police say it may be because victims are more willing to report crimes after seeing other women do so. [New York Daily News]
- What do today’s Emmy nominations tell us about a year’s worth of women in comedy? [Slate]
- Jazz singer Maria Cole, who performed with Duke Ellington and Count Basie, died earlier this month at age 89. Cole was the widow of Nat “King” Cole and the mother of Natalie Cole. [Huffington Post]
- An attempted rapist in Sweden was acquitted after trying to rape a woman and discovering that she was transgender. The attempted rapist was pulled off the woman, but said he would not have raped the woman anyway because he was not expecting to find male genitalia. The court apparently thought this was an OK enough reason for the attempted rapist to be acquitted, because he didn’t actually commit the intended rape. [Care2]
- Ruh roh: female Japanese athletes flew coach to the Olympics, while the man flew business class. [New York Times]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.