Analysis Released On Status Of Women Of Color In The U.S.
- The Center For American Progress has released an analysis on the status of women of color in the United States, which had some disconcerting findings, such as that WOC are more likely to occupy lower-paying jobs than women of other races, which leads to $434,000 in lost wages over a lifetime. Also, WOC make up 53 percent of the medically uninsured. [Madame Noire]
- Female troops who were sexually assaulted at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas, have taken the stand this week. [Washington Post]
- The Mississippi Department of Health has inspected the state’s lone operating abortion clinic. It now has 10 days to issue findings that will determine if the clinic is allowed to stay open. [CBS News]
- Iconic feminist activist Gloria Steinem is leading a campaign to push the New York City Council to vote on a bill that would require businesses to give their employees paid sick leave. The absence of paid sick leave disproportionately affects women, Steinem said, because mothers are most often the parent to stay at home with a sick child. [New York Times]
- The website Feminism.org got hacked by 4chan and filled with headlines about cocksucking and rape. Very mature, guys. [BuzzFeed]
- Wheaton College, an evangelical college, has joined several Catholic colleges in lawsuits against the piece of Obama’s health care reform that requires insurers to cover preventative care, including birth control. [Think Progress]
- Also, a Nebraska judge has thrown out a similar lawsuit. [Think Progress]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.