Daniel Tosh Scrubs Rape References From His TV Pilot
- Comedian Daniel Tosh is debuting a new show tonight called “Brickleberry” at Comic Con and reportedly ordered that the pilot be scrubbed of all rape references. “Everyone is freaking out because most of the pilot is about rape,” a source told RumorFix. Well, at least he learned his lesson … sort of? [Rumor Fix]
- Also: Lizz Winnstead, co-creator of “The Daily Show,” weighs in on rape jokes and dealing with hecklers. [Think Progress]
- Arizona’s ban on abortions after 20 weeks is being challenged in federal court by the ACLU, the ACLU of Arizona, and the Center for Reproductive Rights. [Think Progress]
- Two female athletes will compete for Saudi Arabia in the 2012 London Olympics. [New York Times]
- Alaska is cooking up new and delightful ways to restrict abortion access for women. [Think Progress]
- Rep. Jeff Landry of Louisiana is attacking his alma mater, the University of Lafayette, for adding a minor in gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender studies. [KLFY]
- The New York Times’ web site is linkbaiting the hell out of this series, “Are Modern Men Manly Enough.” One of my ex-boyfriends penned one of the essays for this, but I’m far too mortified to tell you who. [New York Times]
- On BDSM, female submissives, and the movie “Secretary.” [Bitch Magazine]
- Meet 10-year-old Naomi Kutin, a 99-lb. Orthodox Jewish girl from New Jersey who can lift twice her weight. [The Week]
- Disney princesses, ranked from least to most feminist. [Nerve]
- Native American poet Joy Harjo has a new memoir out called Crazy Brave. Check it, boo. [NPR]
- A bomb in Afghanistan has killed the provincial women’s affairs chief, Hanifa Safi, and seriously injured her husband. [Los Angeles Times]
- A campaign in India is confronting the prevalence of female feticide. [Guardian UK]
- France has taken up a new law on sexual harassment. [UPI, New Stateman]
- A Russian court has refused to grant bail to the members of the feminist punk band, Pussy Riot, who were jailed for demonstrating against President Putin. [Christian Science Monitor]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.