Shanghai Subways Blames Women For Sexual Harassment
- Don’t want to be sexually harassed on the subway system in Shanghai, China? Then don’t dress like a slut! Someone within the subway authority posted a photo of a woman wearing a revealing dress to the number two subway line’s official Weibo account — the country’s version of Twitter — along with the comment: “If that’s what you wear on the subway, then no wonder you will be sexually harassed! There are perverts riding the subway every day and we can’t catch them all. Girls, you’ve got to respect yourself!” Ab. Surd. [MSNBC]
- The Air Force is investigating a growing sexual misconduct scandal out of Lackland Air Force base in Texas, where a dozen male boot camp instructors allegedly assaulted, harassed, or had sex with female recruits. One boot camp instructor has even been accused of raping or sexually assaulting 10 women. [Washington Post]
- Mississippi’s sole abortion clinic, which will have to close on July 1 after a new, restrictive law goes into effect, has filed a lawsuit claiming the law is unconstitutional. [Think Progress]
- OK, person who writes the link-baiting headlines at The Atlantic Monthly’s website. Tell me how Wal-mart is making the world more feminist. [The Atlantic]
- A Modern Jewish Orthodox woman named Simi Lampert opens up about being engaged and on the Pill. [Forward]
- Russian intellectuals have called on the Kremlim to release Pussy Riot, a band of feminst punk rockers who were jailed for speaking out against President Putin. [Washington Post]
Contact the author of this post at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.