Victory For Baltimore “Crisis Pregnancy Centers”
- “Crisis pregnancy centers” in Baltimore are having their First Amendment rights violated by being required to post notices that state they do not offer abortion referrals or birth control, an appeals court has ruled. “CPCs” are primarily run by anti-abortion activists, located near abortion clinics, and use trickery to dissuade women from terminating their pregnancies. Baltimore created an ordinance in 2009 telling them they must be transparent to women; however, the courts have repeatedly that ordinance is regulating CPCs’ speech. [Bloomberg]
- Why has the blog TV Tropes deleted its entire content page about “rape tropes” in popular culture at Google’s behest? This is disturbing to me. [The Mary Sue]
- Nationwide vigils have been planed for a young lesbian couple who were found shot on Saturday at a park in Texas. [Queerty]
- On “trickle down feminism.” [Racialicious]
- Alyssa Rosenberg from Think Progress on remembering Nora Ephron. [Think Progress]
- Meet two 8th grade girls who just designed their own computer game through a program to get more girls interested in science, math and engineering. [WNYC]
- An independent journalist named Natasha Smith has reported on her blog that she was sexually assaulted by a group of men while filming a documentary in Cairo’s Tahrir Square. [Committee To Project Journalists]
- The newly elected Egyptian president Mohamed Morsi will appoint the first-ever female vice president in the country’s history. Which is somewhat odd, because Morsi had previously said he wanted to ban women from the presidency. The Daily Beast]
- No women have been elected to the Hockey Hall Of Fame for the second year in a row. [New York Times]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.