Confession: I have never read Anna Karenina. Is that, like, a weird thing? Has everybody read it except me? If that’s the case, then don’t spoil the whole thing for me quite yet, because the trailer for the new film adaptation just came out and I am feeling it. I love period films, high society, Russia (represent), Jude Law (!!), and Keira Knightley (!!!), so it’s kind of my dream. (I hope the book makes for an acceptable poolside read, because that’s where I plan on getting my Russian tragedy on this weekend.) It goes without saying that I’m also head over heels with the style aspect of the forthcoming film: lush, heavy fabrics, rich colors, over-the-top opulence, and, rising like a storm cloud over the incredible beauty and passion, a prevailing undercurrent of dread. Oooooh. Check out the trailer for the film (out November 9th) above and, after the jump, my take on some Anna Karenina style inspiration. I do hope you like fur.
1. Z Spoke Silk Jersey Full Dress, $214.99, Zappos
2. ..,Merci Long Skirt, $69, Yoox
3. Karl Donoghue Shearling Stole, $194, Net-a-porter
4. Carolee 10MM 72 Inch White Pearl Rope Necklace, $60, Lord and Taylor
5. Copywriter Top, $44.99, ModCloth
6. Via Spiga Faux-Fur Walking Coat, $137.49, Lord and Taylor
7. Event Planner Dress, $67.99, ModCloth