- SexyMandarin.com — a “sexy” Mandarin language school with teachers wearing bikinis — supposedly helps foreigners learn the Chinese tongue. Because we all know how focused and attentive men are while staring at scantily clad women. [Telegraph UK]
- Meet Kyrsten Sinema, who is running for the House of Representatives in Arizona. If she wins, she will be the first openly bisexual Congresswoman. [Current]
- A New Jersey construction site has a sign up reading: “We apologize for the whistling construction workers, but man you look good!” Oh, come on. [Jezebel]
- Meet a lesbian mom who is openly serving in the Army and is one of the faces of the Pentagon’s Gay Pride Month celebration. [ABC News]
- Remembering Bling and Feminista author Erica Kennedy, who died last week. [AfroBella; The Root]
- Burmese pro-democracy activist Aung San Suu Kyi has formally accepted the Nobel Peace Prize 21 years after winning. Suu Kyi spent most of her life under house arrest for her pro-democracy activism. [ABC News]
- Does reading set women free? Some arguments in favor and against. [The Atlantic]
See a story that belongs on Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.