I’ve got nothing but respect for the top 10 richest models. But that said, I think they get plenty of attention on their own, don’t they? Why not spread some love to some of the radical, amazing women who are doing things that don’t involve selling their images for a living? Like for instance, I’m going to highjack this post about the 10 richest models in the world to recommend that everyone read A Queer And Pleasant Danger, the new memoir by transgender activist (and former Scientologist!) Kate Bornstein. She rules and her life story is fascinating.
And now that I’ve done that, we can get back to the models.
The Top 10 Richest Models, According to Forbes Magazine:
Rankings are based on their incomes from May 2011 to May 2012.
- Gisele Bündchen, $45 million
- Kate Moss, $9.2 million
- Natalia Vodianova, $8.6 million
- Adriana Lima, $7.3 million
- Doutzen Kroes, $6.9 million
- Alessandra Ambrosio, $6.6 million
- Miranda Kerr, $4 million
- Lara Stone, $3.8 million
- Carolyn Murphy, $3.5 million
- Candice Swanepoel, $3.1 million