Gretchen Carlson Jokingly Walks Off “Fox & Friends” After Sexist Comment
- “Fox & Friends” co-host Gretchen Carlson walked off the set after her co-hosts made sexist comments regarding the U.S. Navy Band now including women. When Brian Kilmeade said, “Women are everywere. We’re letting them play golf and tennis now. It’s out of control,” Gretchen stormed off-camera — albeit with a smile on her face. Good start, Gretchen. But instead of doing this as a joke, we need to get you peacing out for real. [Think Progress]
- As punishment for speaking out about the anti-abortion “superbill” ekeing its way through Michigan legislature, the male Republican House leader silenced female reps from speaking about the bill. [Think Progress]
- On how the Olympic Games are obsessed with policing femininity. [Feministing]
- Why haven’t more black folks rallied around CeCe McDonald, a transgender woman who is to be imprisoned in a male jail? [Ebony]
- A new PSA reminds LGBTQ kids of the rights they have in New York City public schools. [Queerty]
- “Sesame Street” writer Judy Freudberg died this week at age 63. She created the segment “Elmo’s World.” [After Ellen]
- A proposal for a childcare allowance for stay-at-home mothers in Germany has critics on both sides of the divide. [Spiegel]
- In the year since Saudi Arabia’s Women2Drive campaign launched, hundreds of people have petitioned the king to legalize women driving. [Gulf News]
Contact the author of this post at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.