The Good, The Bad & The WTF At The 2012 CFDA Awards
The Council of Fashion Designers of America bestows awards on new young talent each year and throws itself a major party. Last night was the big event, and designers and their fans turned out in droves to honor one another. And the winners are…
- The Womenswear Designer of the Year: Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen for The Row.
- The Menswear Designer of the Year: Billy Reid.
- Reed Krakoff took home the Accessory Designer of the Year Award.
- The Swarovski Award for Womenswear: Joseph Altuzarra.
- The Swarovski Award for Menswear: Phillip Lim.
- The Swarovski Award for Accessory Design: Tabitha Simmons.
- The Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award: Tommy Hilfiger.
- The Founder’s Award: Andrew Rosen by Kenneth Cole.
- The Media Award for excellence in journalism: Scott Schuman and Garance Doré by Pharrell Williams.
- The International Award: Rei Kawakubo of Comme des Garçons.
- And actor Johnny Depp received the Style Icon Award, but sadly didn’t attend.
A whole lot of other celebs did, however, and we’ve got all their fashion hits and misses in the gallery above!