Republican Rep.’s Spokesman: “Hurl Some Acid” On Female Democratic Senators
- The campaign spokesperson for Rep. Nan Hayworth (R-NY), a guy named Jay Townsend, wrote a Facebook message about senators who support the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act but paid their male staffers more than their female staffers. Townsend wrote, “Let’s hurl some acid at those female democratic Senators who won’t abide the mandates they want to impose on the private sector.” It never fails to shock me how dumb people in politics can be when it comes to writing Facebook comments. [Raw Story]
- This teen girl is smarter than us all: Snigdha Nandipai, 14, from California, won the 2012 Scripps National Spelling Bee on the word “guetapens.” [MSNBC]
- North Carolina’s General Assembly passed a bill that will grant reparations of $50,000 to poor women and women of color who were forcibly sterilized between 1929 and 1974. [Jezebel]
- A New Mexico health official said she was asked by the governor to resign after she gave a TV interview and said teenagers should use condoms to prevent the spread of STDs. Go ahead and keep your head in the sand, New Mexico, and hope your teens don’t get herpes. [Feminist.org]
- First Lady Michelle Obama says she has “no doubt” that one day America will have a female president. [Politico]
- Why breastfeeding military moms freak people out. [Christian Science Monitor]
- Women who are changing the way sports get played. [ESPN]
- Birth control brand … or Star Wars character? (John DeVore, I challenge you to a duel!) [Mental Floss]
- The United Nations has reported that women and children were the majority of victims in last week’s massacre in Houla, Syria. [Feminist.org]
- Women in Turkey are speaking out against Prime Minister Erdogan’s comments this week that abortion should be banned. [BBC]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at [email protected] Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.