Nuns Reprimanded By Vatican For “Radical Feminism”
- Leaders from a group representing the majority of U.S. Catholic nuns will meet with the Vatican this week to discuss a concern that nuns are enveloped with “radical feminist themes.” [CNN]
- A women’s health clinic in New Orleans was destroyed last week by an arsonist. Women With a Vision offers HIV testing and assists many low-income women, women of color, and sex workers. Last week, two abortion clinics in Georgia were both set on fire. The FBI is investigating those Georgia fires as possible anti-abortion clinic violence. [Think Progress]
- A justice system watchdog group released a report last week that says inmates at Alabama’s Tutwiler Prison for Women have been victims of “frequent and severe” sexual abuse and sexual harassment by male guards. [blog.AL.com]
- How a liberal city like Washington, D.C., became the frontline for the abortion wars and the latest battleground for a so-called “fetal pain” law. [Atlantic Wire]
- Batman author and novelist Greg Rucka explains why it is that he writes “strong female characters.” [io9]
- Turkey’s Cabinet may soon consider a ban on abortion. The prime minister of Turkey recently made headlines for comparing abortion to murder and claiming that abortion is unrelated to women’s rights. [Business Week]
- A Jordanian woman is suing her former employer, the Dubai Islamic Bank, over a company dress code that would require she cover her hair with a headscarf. Vivian Salameh is a Christian and said that the dress code, which was instituted under new ownership, would violate her own religious beliefs. [Jezebel]
- A new movie that screened at the Cannes Film Festival, “Cairo 6, 7, 8,” looks at women who confront sexual harassment on public transportation in Egypt on a daily basis. [France 24]
See a story that belongs in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at [email protected] Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.